By Chris Guld, GeeksOnTour.com
Any map (or anything at all!) that you can see on your phone, or on your computer, can be captured as an image. Then it can be used in your Blog, just like any other picture.
Example: Here’s a blog post of mine using a computer screen capture of Google Maps in Satellite view. Click on the image below to go to the Blog post and see the whole thing, including two maps.
To take a screenshot on a cellphone:
- View the screen you want to capture
- Phones with a physical home button: press and hold power button and home button at the same time, then let go
- Phones without a physical home button: press and hold power button and down volume button at same time, then let go
- You should hear a click and see a blink on your screen to indicate it has been captured
- Now go look in your photos/gallery app and you will see the screenshot along with your photos
If you’re using Google Photos on Android, be sure the Screenshot folder is checked in Menu, Device Folders
- See this demonstrated as our tip of the week on our weekly show #81 about Location Services. Here’s the part on
How to take a screenshot
Use Screenshot in a Blog Post
You can now use the captured image like any other photo. For example, if you use Blogger, you can insert the camera screenshot
- Click the Insert image button
- If you’re using Google Photos: choose “From my phone,” Select the desired screenshot, Add Selected
- If you’re not using Google Photos, the image will need to be on your computer, then choose Upload to get it, select it and Add Selected
Chris Guld is President and Teacher-in-Chief at GeeksOnTour.com. She has been in computer training and support since 1983 and owned a Computer Training Center called Computer Savvy from 1983-1996. She has been a Fulltime RVer, popular seminar presenter at RV Rallies, and regular contributor to RVTravel, for many years.