Electrical safety near water inside home or RV — Important!

  Texas teen electrocuted after cell phone accidentally falls in bathtub  I just saw this on one of my forums about electrical safety around water and thought I would share it here… —Mike LUBBOCK, TX (KCBD) – A 14-year-old girl from Lubbock died early Sunday morning after being electrocuted in a bathtub. Madison Coe’s mother and grandmother tell... Read More

More on the gray (legal) area of dumping the gray tank

  In last Saturday’s Ask BoondockBob in the RV Travel newsletter a reader asked about dumping gray water onto or into the ground rather than driving to a dump station when boondocking. Judging from the response to the question and having written about this practice before, it appears that the question (and lack of good answers) is still paramount in many... Read More

Using a generator to power a trailer with GFCI outlets

  Hello Mike, I have a new mobile food trailer with GFCI outlets that is powered by a new Honda EU7000is generator. The last part of my permit process was passing electrical inspection, which I failed. The inspector said the electric problem is the outlets in the trailer having reverse polarity. He used one of these (right) to test the... Read More