Sign up for a feed and get posts automatically.rss

Monday, December 4, 2006

Golden Access Passport & Discount Camping

Attention disabled Vets (0% and up) and others with disabilities. You are eligable for FREE entrance into all Natinal Parks and recreation areas when you apply for and obtain a Golden Access Passport. This will save you mucho dinero! All I did to get mine was to go to my local federal forestry management office, like a BLM office, present my VA letter of disability eligibility, sign a log and they issued my pass. Golden Access Passport can only be obtained in person at a federal area (National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, Corps of Engineers, Fish and Wildlife Service, Forest Service, and Tennessee Valley Authority sites). We have saved hundreds of dollars with this card. Here is a link with more information: http://www.us-parks.com/golden_access_passport.html You get discounts on tours and lots of other things. Not only do you save at National Parks and federal recreation areas, but you also get a 50% discount when you camp at Corps of Engineers campgrounds. http://camping.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=camping&cdn=travel&tm=80&gps=64_949_827_585&f=10&su=p531.19.152.ip_p532.6.150.ip_p284.5.420.ip_p531.17.420.ip_&tt=2&bt=1&bts=1&zu=http%3A//corpslakes.usace.army.mil/visitors">Here is the link to the Army Corps of Engineers Gateway for camping.

You can also get the following discount at these state parks with this card:

States that DO provide a discount to Golden Access pass holders:Alabama (15% off entry fees)Arkansas (50% camping discount)California (50% off for disabled, but must apply for & have California disability pass)Delaware (10%)Louisiana (Some camping discount in all parks)South Carolina (Discounts at four specific state parks)



Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


free web hit counter