Sunday, December 16, 2007

Be Prepared for the RV Clubhouse Bathroom

I would just like to say “Thank You” to all the folks who left comments on the question of whether you prefer to shower in your RV or at the clubhouse. I enjoyed reading your take on this issue. For those of you who do use the public shower facilities, let me offer yet another idea. Toss one or two of these plastic hooks in your ditty bag because not all bathrooms have a hook. They are light weight and work great over the shower door or even on the shower curtain rod. I can’t even begin to tell you how frustrating it is to go into a shower facility with no hooks. It’s almost as bad as going into a bathroom with no TP. I mean seriously, how hard would it be to put some hooks up? Well, since the world of RVing is not perfect just be prepared and bring your own hooks. Those of you who use your own RV shower might want to throw a couple of these over the shower door for extra towels. Helping you with your hang-ups - Jim Twamley, Professor of RVing

Labels:

• Now why didn't I think of that! Clever idea and maybe the Christmas gift for theMan.

I can see uses in the RV also.

beth

By Blogger Beth&Leo, at December 16, 2007 7:54:00 AM PST

• Great idea! I've always used round hooks on my shower rod but they might not work on a shower door. I love the idea of these hooks for the campground shower!

By Blogger Froggi Donna, at December 16, 2007 8:39:00 AM PST

• Where can I buy a few of the hooks? I would like to carry one with me during the winter when I'm wearing a heavy coat. Many restrooms don't have anything to hang a coat.

By Blogger GoWyo, at December 29, 2007 2:26:00 AM PST

• Where can I get these?

By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 29, 2007 5:48:00 AM PST

• Wish I'd thought of that earlier here. Where we're at there's no running water at the sites during winter (Michigan. Community shower room doesn't have hooks to hang coat, clothes up. Waiting for owner to put some up, now I'll get some over the door hooks so we have our own. Thanks.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 29, 2007 6:04:00 AM PST

• Camping World has inexpensive metal over the door hooks or you can try your nearest dollar store.

By Blogger Adrienne Kristine, at December 29, 2007 7:04:00 AM PST

• I have a ziplock bag full of these hooks, I have used them for years. Walmart, Target & just about any store that sells bathroom things should have them. I never thought of putting one in my purse for public bathrooms. Great idea!

RVing Nana

By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 29, 2007 11:00:00 AM PST

• Not so much for "camping" - but for use in motels or hotels is a night light. I carry one right in my travel bag. Kevin

By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 31, 2007 9:23:00 AM PST