Avoid ‘frying’ appliances, electronics at RV parks

  It’s not unusual for your RV to be exposed to faulty campground electrical wiring like open neutral, open ground and reverse polarity. If ignored when hooking up at a campground or RV park, such conditions can damage or destroy appliances and expensive electronics. In this short video, Mark Polk demonstrates how several inexpensive Surge Guard RV Power Protectors can... Read More

Level the easy way with Camco’s T Level

  By Bob Difley Camco’s T Level makes it easier and faster to level your RV when setting up camp. Much easier than checking separate levels — a front-to-back and a right-to-left. Leveling can get frustrating if you’ve driven 300 miles on a hot day and just want to park your rig in the campsite and dive into the pool, take... Read More

Unexpected cause of Dometic fridge fire discovered

By Greg GerberRV Daily Report SUN CITY, Ariz. — An RV technician trying to diagnose a problem with an older model RV watched as the unit’s Dometic refrigerator caught fire. His subsequent investigation traced the source to an electrical problem not related to the gas leak commonly cited as the source of refrigerator fires. The flaw impacts RVs built in... Read More

Level your trailer or fiver easily with ReVo Leveler

By Bob DifleyThe ReVo Leveler was developed for both bumper pull trailers and fifth wheels, so that when you locate your trailer on a site a simple press of a button will tell you the board thickness needed under the wheel and which side needs raising to be level. Another button tells you when the trailer is in the correct... Read More

Simplify backing into your RV space

By Steve Savage Mobility RV Service   If you tow, I suspect you — like most of us — have suffered through the stress that comes along with backing into your space in the campground with everyone watching. The yelling matches between spouses can reach divorce-pending proportions, and discussions about the best way to communicate between the person driving and the... Read More

Why a young boy died by simply touching the family RV

By Chuck Woodbury, editor I wrote this article two years ago in response to the death of a 3-year-old boy, who was electrocuted by simply touching his family’s Airstream trailer and reprinted the article again in early June, 2016 in the RV Travel Newsletter. The trailer was experiencing what is known as a “hot skin” condition. It can happen to any of... Read More