By Jim Twamley
Power outlets under cabinets may be OK for a few appliances, like a mixer or a coffee pot (if the cord is long enough), but a little thing called gravity makes them totally useless for things like transformers, battery chargers and items with short cords. Here is one possible solution.
Notice that a standard surge protector power strip was secured to the wall. The power strip cord was also secured to the wall and under the cabinet with screw-in wire holders. This makes a neat application utilizing the otherwise useless under-cabinet outlet.
Also notice that Velcro strips are used to hold the top transformer in place on the surge protector power strip.